Apple’s iOS 16.3 update is now available, and it brings new features, bug fixes, and security updates to your iPhone. The update is released alongside updates to other Apple software, such as iPadOS, Safari and previous versions of iOS.The latest iOS update arrives about a month after its release.
Here’s what’s new on iPhones with iOS 16.3.
Support for second-generation HomePod
Apple’s iOS 16.3 software will support, which will be released on February 3 for $299 (£299, AU$479). Apple announced the release of the new HomePod four days before the latest iOS software was available.
New Unity wallpapers for Black History Month
The latest iOS update includes new iPhone wallpapers as part of Apple’s Black Unity Collection. The collection celebrates Black History Month with a special edition Apple Watch Black Unity Sport Loop, mosaic watch faces and new iPhone wallpapers. Apple also plans to release curated Black History Month content for Apple TV, Fitness Plus, Music, Maps, Books, Podcasts and the App Store as part of the series.
New way to use SOS via satellite
SOS signal via satellite. In iOS 16.3, call on hold option has been replaced with Call hold and release. If you enable Call hold and release, you can press and hold the side button and volume button to start countdowns and alarms. When the countdown is over, you let go of the button, and your iPhone will call emergency services by itself.with before call on hold, pressing the side button and volume buttons will first bring up the emergency SOS call slider. If you continue to hold the button, the countdown begins and the alarm will sound. When the countdown ends, your phone will make an emergency call.
there is another option call softly In SOS. By enabling this option, your phone will not start flashing or beeping when you try to make an emergency call.
Apple ID using Security Key
Users can now use a third-party security key as an alternative to two-factor authentication for their Apple ID.
A Security Key is a lot like the keys to your house. You still use a password, but this extra layer of security helps protect you from phishing scams and hackers.
“Hardware security keys are very, very secure,” Diya Jolly, chief product officer at identity verification service Okta, told.
Apple’s Security Key feature only works with FIDO Alliance-certified Security Keys.
Below is a list of new features and changes included in iOS 16.3.
- New Unity wallpapers pay homage to black history and culture in celebration of Black History Month.
- Security Key for Apple ID allows users to strengthen the security of their accounts by requiring a physical security key on new devices as part of the two-factor authentication login process.
- Supports HomePod (2nd generation).
- Emergency SOS calls now require pressing and releasing the side button and the volume up or down buttons to prevent accidental emergency calls.
- Fixed an issue in Freeform where some drawing strokes created with the Apple Pencil or your finger might not appear on the shared board.
- Addresses an issue where wallpapers may appear black on the lock screen.
- Fixed an issue where horizontal lines may temporarily appear on iPhone 14 Pro Max when waking up.
- Fixed an issue where the Home Lock Screen widget would not accurately display the status of the Home app.
- Addresses an issue where Siri may not respond correctly to music requests
- Addresses an issue where Siri requests in CarPlay may not be correctly understood.
For more iOS 16 news, check out what’s newand . you can do and also.